Nowadays, many users are reporting in the forum over the internet about the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. Though this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error completely locks the Windows screen and the last option to be executed with the computer system is restart your computer system. Generally, the error code 0xc0000225 on Windows 10 tends to displayed on some older versions of Windows operating system such as 7,8, and any other. However, the common cause behind the occurrence of this Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 is that corrupted, damaged or missing Boot configuration Data BCD file. Additionally, Power outage, boot sector malware, disk write errors and many others while setting up the BCD can be one of the reasons behind the error code 0xc0000225.
Nevertheless, troubleshooting this error is essential for smooth Windows 10 operating system experience. Since resolving Windows repairing or updating some corrupted files might work for the software issues related to the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225. Furthermore, there might be a possibility that malware or viruses may infect your computer system. So, before doing anything else, try to perform a full system scan with trusted antivirus to remove all malicious program from the system. Here are some simple steps which guide you in troubleshooting the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225 without any trouble. The steps are discussed below.
Solutions to getting Rid of Windows 10 Error Code 0xc0000225
As we already discussed that Blue Screen of Death Error Code 0xc0000225 usually occurs in the Windows 10. But before proceeding further, keep on your mind that if you follow these steps in the exact sequence as illustrate below will save you lots of time and efforts and also prevent you from other glitches. Here how to get rid of:
Solution-1: Download Media Creation Tool
Before downloading and installing the media creation tool, first, execute a firm restart and try to restart your computer system in a regular technique. If in case, still, you could not be able to access your system, try using another system for simply downloading a Media Creation Tool. When a file is completely downloaded, follow the below given steps to troubleshoot the Windows 10 error code 0xc0000225:
- Click to ‘Download’ a Media Creation Tool from the official website.
- Once downloaded, click on it to run the Media Creation Tool.
- Then, press the ‘Accept all T&C to continue towards the next step.
- Choose ‘Create Installation Media for another PC’ appears on the next window.
- Next, choose ‘Architecture, Edition, and Languages’ from the given options.
- Choose what setting up media you want to choose using such as ISO and USB Flash Drive file. Once selected, press the USB Flash Drive selection and plugged it in a USB which has free space minimum of 8 GB.
- Click on the Drive to launch it and press the ‘Next’ tab.
- Finally, the Media Creation Tool will successfully download on Windows 10 upgrade on USB which you can simply use for updating the machine.
- Once you created a bootable USB, you need to plug into the computer system which is showing an error code 0xc0000225.
- Now, tap on any key to boot directly from the USB. And choose ‘Fix Your System displays at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the Windows + R tab to launch the run command box on the screen.
- Under the dialogue box, type the following command and press enter after each command:
select volume 2
bcdboot C:\\windows /s Z: /f UEFI
- Once finished, exit all the command prompt window and restart your system to save all the changes.
Jaxson Harry is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.