Through Google Docs one can freely alter “Microsoft Word documents” online. Along with the help of Google Docs, one may interpret the word file, Create specific modifications to it. They can even distribute it with other people directly from Google account.
From the Google Docs, available documents can be used from the system through the Google Docs site. This can be done quickly with the iOS app and the Android app too.
Steps for Sending Word Files to Google Docs
It is a subpart of Google Drive. On the Google Docs, in order to work on Word documents, you need to upload them to “Google Drive” first.
- Go to Google Drive. Users may see Go to Google Drive button.
- Tap it and log into the Google account.
- Tap New.
- Tap File upload.
- Tap on Folder upload for uploading the folder full of many Word docs.
Your document is most probably uploaded to Google Drive. Just store it there for the purpose of backup or if you have to share it with Google Docs. It can also be converted to format Google Docs. Follow the steps given below:
- Go to Google Docs.
- Tap a word document that users have to edit along with Google Docs.
- Tap Edit As Google Docs- Doing this will turn the document to a format Google Docs.
- The original document will be saved in Google Drive itself.
- Whenever you edit the docs on the Google Docs, it will get converted to changed one.
Downloading Edited Google Docs Files
- Go to Google Docs and choose the document that you have to download.
- The file will be present to the sheet from where you can make the edits.
- Users cannot view the surface if you have ticked the incorrect document.
- Users can quickly determine which of the documents are “Google Docs” files.
- Take a look at the file extensions that are still Microsoft Word docs.
- Files of Google Docs will not have any file extension.
- If you see any.DOCX or.DOC, then the file is yet to be converted to Google Docs format.
- Open File>Download as and choose the format of the file.
- Users can pick from the formats such as ODT, DOCX, PDF, RTF or EPUB.
- Select a folder where one can save the document.
- You can even download it to your computer.
- You can perform the above step if you have a defined download folder for the browser.
- Tap Save.
Jaxson Harry is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.