Overwatch Is a popular multiplayer shooter game, which is fun to play. Many gamers face the problem of Overwatch voice chat not working. For troubleshooting the Overwatch voice issue, you need to go through this blog carefully.
Here are the ways of fixing Overwatch voice chat feature
Method 1: Updating the audio driver
- Firstly, download the Driver Easy.
- Then, run and install Driver Easy.
- After that, tap on the Scan Now option. Note that the scanning shall take place.
- Next, tap on Update All for automatically downloading and installing the right model of each driver which are missing or expired on the device.
- Lastly, restart the device.
Method 2: Change default devices
- Firstly, exit Overwatch.
- Then, press the combination of the Windows+R button together.
- After that, write mmsys.cpl.
- Next, tap on Enter.
- Then, go to the Playback option.
- After that, do a right-click on the speakers/headphones. Select whichever you are going to use in Overwatch.
- Next, tap on Set Default.
- Then, again in the Playback option, you only need to do a right-click.
- After that, press the Disable option in all the rest of the device except the default device.
- Next, press the Recording option.
- Then, do a right-click on the speakers/headphones you’re using in Overwatch.
- After that, tap on Set as Default device.
- Next, do a right-click and tap on Disable on all the other devices and leave the default device.
- Then, tap on OK.
- After that, go to Overwatch.
- Next, join a voice chat.
- Lastly, check the issue has been fixed or not.
Method 3: Turn off Exclusive Mode
- Firstly, tap on the Windows+ R button together.
- Then, write mmsys.cpl.
- After that, tap on Enter.
- Next, go to the Playback option.
- Then, do a right-click on the default device.
- After that, tap on Properties.
- Next, press the Advanced option.
- Then, remove the tick mark from the square of the option titled ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.’
- After that, tap on Apply.
- Lastly, click on OK.
Method 4: Look at the in-game audio settings
- Firstly, tap on the Options.
- Then, click on Sound.
- Next, increase the sound of the microphone as well as speakers to the extent that you will be able to listen to it.
- Ensure ‘Group Voice Chat’ and ‘Team Voice Chat’ have been put to ‘Auto Join,’ the correct device chosen for ‘Voice Chat Devices.’
- Lastly, join in the chat.
Julia Robert is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source: Voice Chat Issues.